This is a position intended for a motivated, dedicated person who is looking for an intense volunteer experience. Gain valuable experience working closely with Artistic Director Andrew Woolner to interface with Japanese Theatres, arts organizations, and community members.
The Assistant to the Artistic Director will help the Artistic Director perform certain administrative duties, particularly those which require fluency in Japanese.
Primary Duties and Tasks
- Theatre Liason duties
- Function as contact person between the Artistic Director and Japanese Theatres.
- Attend production meetings with Theatres when necessary (usually two or three for each show, spread out over several months)
- Attend arts events
- Help place phone calls to Japanese business to ask questions or make purchases
- Assist in preparing outgoing documents and emails that must be translated from English to Japanese
- Create a manual of the job for future Assistants to make use of
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Fluent in Japanese
Conversational English (we will study Japanese and English Theatre words together)
Like all administrative positions at YTG, this is a volunteer position. Travel expenses may be paid in the event of particularly long or frequent travel.
To inquire about or to apply for this position ::CLICK HERE:: or find us on Skype as "Yokohama Theatre Group".