We began the rehearsal with a reading of the updated script and a seven minute work out from hell. This is the second time we’ve done the work out and it was just as hellish as the first. Perhaps it would help if I did some amount of exercise in between...hmm. After some post-workout snacks we launched into exploring the script. After a few goes of the first block of script we were given the direction to really try and ‘sell it’ to the audience, and after that I felt the energy really picked up and the text became a lot more playful and vivid. Except for perhaps Rob’s character who became a lot darker this week. We’re slowly starting to get a bit of flow with it, but things should really come together when we set more script and start learning some dialogue. Looking forward to honing the individual talents of the group in the coming rehearsals...a red wig has been ordered!
P.S. As I was taking off my sailor shorts after rehearsal we realized we hadn’t taken a photo. So that’s why the photo is of me with no pants.